Re: list subject

Tim wrote:
On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 11:22 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
Doesn't that mean you have to jump around in the folders whenever a
new message comes in or you want to reply to something?   I don't have
time for that.

Oh cobblers!  Unless you have a really crap client that's not a time
consuming thing to do.  It's far quicker to switch over to the Fedora
folder to read all the new Fedora mail, minus the other stuff
interspersed.

Why should I care whether I read one fedora message, then a Centos message or 2 fedora messages in a row?

Scrolling through an inbox with 300 new messages a day is time
consuming, finding the broken apart parts of threads is time consuming,
managing an inbox with 3479 messages sitting in is time consuming.

I rarely scroll anywhere - the new messages are on top and I read down, mostly deleting as I go. And my mail client will reassemble a thread in the rare case that there are earlier ones that I'd need to make sense out of the most recent. I want the mailer to bring the messages to me instead of me having to go find them.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx