Re: Users and Groups

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:
   Why are You RDay such an asshole? Is it your Canadian upbringing?

Karl

  because, karl, it is simply breathtaking how, after months on this
forum, you appear to have learned absolutely *nothing* in the way of
the proper care and feeding of either your operating system or this
mailing list and how to use it.

  by way of analogy, i've owned a number of cats over the years, and
it's surprising how, even if they're only a few months old, they can,
literally within *hours*, figure out where the food bowls are, where
the litter box is, where the cat door is, and where the warmest places
are to curl up for a nap.  and *they're* what you might call lower
forms of life, if you know what i mean.

  *you*, on the other hand, simply have not evolved in any way.  even
after months of people patiently (and sometimes impatiently) giving
you advice, your typical behaviour hasn't altered -- karl does
something with his OS, karl is surprised by its behaviour, karl
immediately concludes that it is a "bug" that somebody should fix.
is that it, karl?  do i have that about right?

  and when you *do* decide -- against all the better advice given here
-- to file something in bugzilla, you pick a *random* category to file
it under, of all things.  and expect everyone else to be incredibly
accommodating and try to parse what in god's name you're talking
about.

  what's most hysterical, though, karl, is the sheer amount of
misinformation you've dumped on this list.  it's almost like we need a
full-time group to run around after you, correcting your postings in
case anyone decides to take them seriously.

  seriously, karl, you used to be at least moderately amusing.  but
it's not really all that funny anymore, given the fact that you're
clearly untrainable.  think of my cats, karl.  even *they* can figure
out a pattern, given enough time.  but you?  "users and groups"
doesn't work the way you expect, therefore, there's a "bug" somewhere.

  so file it in bugzilla, karl.  if you seriously think all these
curiosities and oddities you run across are genuine bugs, then treat
them that way and enter them into bugzilla, and be done with it.  and
when the bugzilla folks start to lose patience with you, well, you can
certainly give *them* a piece of your mind.

  you are simply not teachable, karl.  people have tried, and people
have failed.  all we can hope for, at this point, is that we can try
to keep you from inflicting damage on others on this list when they
decide to take you seriously.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

http://crashcourse.ca

   My you are also insulting and long winded RDay. Why do you bother?

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User