Re: how to share internet connection in fedora

The answer would then be "you have everything you need".

Thanks a lot, that really opened my eyes, Paul.

Cya.

Paul Shaffer schrieb:
Oh, I almost forgot:

- A. Einstein

Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
moi wrote:
> The difference is simple: Anyone can give advice such as "write yourself
> a firewall and routing script" or "try it with webmin" - you can only
> hope he has access to those.
>
> You "understood" he has a fully configured network and a server with at
> least two Ethernet Cards, able to do the forwarding/NAT. If *any* of
> those assumptions is wrong, he may end up with a misconfigured network
> and NO internet access. how cool.

And how would that be worse than the popular OS that has a checkbox for
internet sharing - which only works when you have a suitable network
topology? Microsoft does it like this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306126 in case you are confused about
the term.

--