Re: PROJECT BLACKHAT

Frank Cox wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:30:55 -0600
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

it will be about as useful as DOS emulation is now as everything goes 64-bit.

http://www.melvilletheatre.com/articles/powerbasic-linux/index.html

Don't be in such a big hurry to write off DOS emulation as useless.

It's still the best way to do certain things, like write a "native" program on
Linux that's intended to be used by Windows users.

Not that it is particularly related to anything, but if you are still using DOS/DOSEMU, I have to ask if you have ever tried running DataPerfect. I think it has been released for free somewhere. I used it about 20 years ago and it was the only thing I ever saw where a useful database program and its data could fit and run from a single floppy.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx