Re: recently started crashing 4 am

Mail List wrote:
>     Anyone know what be causing what appears to be something in cron (4 am or
> so) freezing the machine - started happening the last week or so after some
> bout of updates - including kde 3.5.8.
>
>      After kde update I had to diable knetwork manager which made the machine
> interminably slow for user to login - removing it fixed that problem - nm is
> not runnning.
>
>        Now it is freezing around 4 am .. any ideas what may be causing this ?
> Its been a happy F7 machine for a long time prior to this ?
>
>       I could not find any interesting info in log files. Box is not visible
> to internet either.
>
>       Thanks for any pointers ...

No idea....

However, for troubleshooting you can try at least one of two approaches...
First, determine what cron jobs are being at run 4AM and then do one
(potentially both) of the following.

1.  Run the jobs manually one at a time.

2.  Disable all the jobs from running except one and then enable one per day
until you have problems.