Re: PROJECT BLACKHAT

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 11:21 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:09:50 -0500
> Eric <spamsink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > How do you know?  Simply because his name sounded Irish?
>
> Because the overall style of his message showed a knowledge of the language he
> was using.  People who are writing in "foreign languages" (to them) tend to be
> very careful and their writing style is generally quite dense and heavy, with
> certain errors in grammar that demonstrate that their native language doesn't
> have the same sentence structure as the language that they are currently
> writing in.
>
> The message under discussion here was written the way it was due to simple
> carelessness.  Nothing else.
----
there is a whole generation coming up that uses text messaging as a
primary means of communication. Text messaging eschews
spelling/punctuation/grammar as functionally unimportant to
communications.

If we were talking about writing papers for school, there might be a
valid point for raising issues about spelling, punctuation and grammar.

This however, is not a school and I find it discouraging to have to wade
through the self-important people that want to establish rules that
simply become off topic and unnecessary threads such as this.

If the self appointed school marms would find some other place to
practice their craft, it would be appreciated...it's not needed here.

Craig