Re: PUP - Insert CD?

Jim Cornette wrote:
Bob Goodwin wrote:
Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Yes I did and no I did not turn it off, should I? I assumed it was telling me I needed to add something and would get in deeper by simply unselecting what it was telling me it thought I needed.

I can experiment further but it appeared to be something that needed fixing.

I've done PUP updates many times on this F7 computer without a hitch, it usually just works. I was surprise to see the error message which I interpreted to mean something was/is wrong.

Bob Goodwin

If you do not want to install off of the DVD for packages and find the prompt to enter the DVD distracting, yes. I believe the idea was to allow package installation from disc rather than downloading unchanged packages from the Internet.

Jim

So, once you know what the error message means it seems obvious, but it wasn't obvious to me!

Actually in my case that would be desirable since I would prefer to install from the disk than run up usage on my limited Wildblue satellite service. However I think of PUP as an update application and updates don't come via CD/DVD. It would work if I left something off the original install that is on the disk ...

Thanks to all.

Bob Goodwin