Re: No shutdown in F8/Gnome - changing display manager to kdm

Clodoaldo wrote:

When you login, do you see the different login manager or is gdm still
being used.

gdm is still used.

Clodoaldo

I checked my system and there is no file like you mentioned at /etc/sysconfig/display. After running yum remove gdm and allowing yum to remove all gdm dependent packages, kdm came up as the default display manager. If you use KDE mostly and want the shutdown, removing gdm might be the easiest option. I like gdm better and prefer gnome over KDE. Losing the shutdown feature when running a different desktop/displaymanager is a bit of an inconvenience. You could make a launcher on the desktop to run poweroff if you prefer gdm over kdm.

Jim

--
A candidate is a person who gets money from the rich and votes from the
poor to protect them from each other.