Re: F8. How to disable pulseaudio

On Thursday 15 November 2007 22:56:19 Mike C wrote:
> Nigel Henry <cave.dnb <at> tiscali.fr> writes:
> > Well I thought I'd got the sound sorted out. There are the usual problems
> > like setting indexing options for snd-usb-audio, and snd-bt87x
> > in /etc/modprobe.conf. Now pulseaudio has entered into the equation.
>
> Nigel
>
> I use KDE and I found that in my case there was a simple way to make it all
> work.
>
> All I did was create a new file called /etc/asound.conf with the following
> lines in it.
> pcm.pulse {
>     type pulse
> }
>
> ctl.pulse {
>     type pulse
> }
>
> Then logout and back in - in my case this all worked!

Mike, out of interest what sound Daemon have you set in KDE sound settings and
other settings like suspend, I read somewhere to use Enlightened and Pulse is
95% ok here, I am still playing around with it though.

I also added the asound.conf as you suggested thanks for that tip :)

Cheers

Colin
--
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf)