Re: Fedora lifetime and stability

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:

Note: I don't see Fedora and Ubuntu competing for the same users, so
there's not much "win" there, if I didn't run Fedora I'd probably go to
CentOS for most things, certainly for servers.

Well, they compete for me.
I used Kubuntu for a time, and it seemed to me
more or less identical to Fedora KDE.
I stuck to Fedora because I had it on other machines,
and saw no reason to change.

What is the difference between Fedora and Ubuntu users, briefly?

Fedora users have spent a long time learning rpm, yum, chkconfig, service and system-config-something commands. Ubuntu users do those things some other way.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx