Re: Please 'leak' Fedora 8

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 02:58:14PM -0800, Konstantin Svist wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
> >I'm with example.net. The fine folks at example.net cache a local copy
> >at linux.mirrors.example.net for their client's use.
>
> I've yet to use an ISP that downloads a local copy of *anything* for my
> convenience. Other than invisible proxies, that is (had that problem in
> the past).

http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/7/ lists the Fedora
7 public mirrors.  Several ISPs listed there such as tummy.com and
Steadfast Networks, specifically have mirrors exactly to cache this
content, and their users are automatically redirected to their
network-local mirror, which is both fast for the user, and less
expensive than paying the transit fees for using upstream networks.
There are several private mirrors which do this too, so they don't
show up on the public list, but their users get the same benefits.

Thanks,
Matt
Fedora Mirror Wrangler

--