Re: [OT] Digital camara

On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 11:06 +1030, Tim wrote:
> I still have a Kodak Brownie camera that used 127 film.  Not a large
> format, but a medium format.  Despite its rudimentary optics, it could
> produce reasonably good pictures because it used a very large
> negative.

This takes me back.  As a pre teenager I used an old, small bellows
camera (can't recall the make) of my father which used 120 film.  The
image quality was great, even when I did my own processing and contact
prints.  Again the large negative.  The tiny pin hole in the bellows
made for interesting effects if the sun was over my right shoulder.
Quality on enlargement was better than prints from some new reasonably
priced 35mm compacts  bought in the last couple of years.

--
Regards
Simon