Re: alfresco installation?

On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 21:43 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Jeff Gustafson wrote:
>
> > 	Here is what I do to get Alfresco running on F8:
> >
> > 	o Download Sun's jdk1.6.0 rpm
> > 	o Get the jpackage 1.6.0 compat rpm
> > 	o Get alfresco-community-war-2.1.0.tar.gz
>
>   not to drag this out endlessly, but what is this tarball of which i
> have heard others speak?  as i read it, it's a community re-packaging
> of alfresco so that you don't have to download the aforementioned .zip
> or .bin files from alfresco.com, is that correct?  (i'm guessing it
> doesn't have alfresco's official seal of approval, but it probably has
> a better chance of installing and running.)

	The community version is real Alfresco.  The enterprise one is
pre-tested in a packaged configuration that can be directly supported by
the Alfresco company.  I'd rather have it run in my own Tomcat instead
of having to launch another one.  I will probably split out one of the
roles on the server at a later time.  In the mean time, it's in the same
Tomcat as another app.

				...Jeff