Re: alfresco installation?

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Jeff Gustafson wrote:

> 	Here is what I do to get Alfresco running on F8:
>
> 	o Download Sun's jdk1.6.0 rpm
> 	o Get the jpackage 1.6.0 compat rpm
> 	o Get alfresco-community-war-2.1.0.tar.gz

  not to drag this out endlessly, but what is this tarball of which i
have heard others speak?  as i read it, it's a community re-packaging
of alfresco so that you don't have to download the aforementioned .zip
or .bin files from alfresco.com, is that correct?  (i'm guessing it
doesn't have alfresco's official seal of approval, but it probably has
a better chance of installing and running.)

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

http://crashcourse.ca