Re: fsck -c usage question

...... Original Message .......
On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 11:15:03 +1100 "David Timms" <dtimms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>Mark C. Allman wrote:
>> I'm not sure what you mean by "rescue session."  Do you mean booting
>> from a rescue disk?  Hadn't tried that.
>Yes. Booting the dvd and typing: linux rescue should load the rescue
>environment {or using the rescue iso}.
>
>> BTW, that brings up something else strange.  I booted from the rescue
>> disk so I could delete the /forcefsck and /fsckoptions files.  What the
>> rescue disk asked for was where the Fedora 7 CD images were (hard disk,
>> HTTP, FTP, CD-ROM, etc.) for repair.
>That seems that either
>1. what it found on your rescue cd was corrupt - ie not readable
>2. you might have been using the boot.iso - which has the booting part,
>but doesn't have the stage2 img {50+ MB} in it.
>
>In either case, testing the cd would be useful. You could:
>dd if=/dev/scd0 of=fedora-rescue.iso
>sha1sum fedora-rescue.iso
>compare to the published SHA1SUMs for that rescue CD.
>
>DaveT.

Same disk.  On one system it (the rescue CD) works as expected, but on
another it doesn't.  Like I said: strange.  Could be the CD drive--easy to
test.

-- Mark C. Allman, PMP
-- Allman Professional Consulting, Inc.
-- www.allmanpc.com, 617-947-4263
-- (From my Treo 700p)

BusinessMsg - the secure, managed, 100% J2EE/AJAX Enterprise IM/IC solution