Re: [Fedora] Re: Semi OT: Subversion

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
Les Mikesell wrote:
What you really want is to have everyone who makes changes use their own working copy (and perhaps their own test server to view it).
At the moment, that's kinda what's setup. They have their own local copy that they work on. When they're ready, they check in their new code to our test server which we then look at and see what works and doesn't. And only when we approve it, it gets pushed to the live server. They just need to be able to hit that test server and look at the changes they made as if they're just browsing the actual site (through a browser) so we can all get a feel for what the live site will also look like or behave.

The best approach here is to set up virtual servers for views of the development working copies. Depending on the web server, you may need to run these on different ports so several can co-exist on the same machine. This lets development run at its own pace ahead of QA and different people can be working on different changes at the same time.
--
 Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx