Re: yum: How to downgrade openoffice 2.3 to 2.2.1?

Gene Heskett wrote:

I haven't really exercised it (2.3.0) all that much but what I've done was done exactly as I expected. Eg, it Just Worked(TM).

To Rahul:  Are there concerns re patents that make RH pull stuff out of OOo?

There was a mix of stuff. Some Java portions used to not work well with GCJ. There was concern over patents in other features. Sun has a patent cross licensing agreement with Microsoft that makes them immune to these problems so it might be that they wouldn't care but if affects everybody else including end users who don't use Staroffice (which gets some kind of patent license as a commercial product).

Rahul