Re: Please 'leak' Fedora 8

Mike Chambers wrote:
On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 08:13 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
When I load F8 I will time it from the time the DVD is selected to the time of first boot to the nearest second. Of course it means nothing because what causes it to be fast is the hardware.

While you are doing that, also do a separate time on the packages (the
rpms) themselves being installed.  The whole complete install isn't
really a problem, as that basically goes as fast as the user goes and
selects things.  But the actual package installation part is what may or
may not be sped up.

OK. That is easy. Again it depends on how fast my computer can process an RPM. And that varies a lot I expect.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User