Re: Please 'leak' Fedora 8

On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 21:15 +1030, Tim wrote:
> Tim:
> >> By comparison, I've observed that network or local hard drive
> >> installs take from around 15 to 25 minutes, on average.
>
> Mike Chambers:
> > Fresh/clean install.  And the last couple versions have been like
> > this.  And they are taking little over an hour to install, and that as
> > for around 868 or so packages.  Also an NFS based install via boot.iso
> > and the DVD.iso.
> >
> > BTW, that is on a 2.8Ghz 1G Memory system.
>
> That does seem long, but I should have asked how much are you
> installing?  Everything but the kitchen sink?  I tend to just do a basic
> install, but maybe add about 5 or so packages.  And my systems are a
> fraction of that speed.

Just the basic one that comes up initially, productivity/whatever option
that is already selected.  Didn't even bother to customize or anything.

Hrm, guess I'm gonna have to really really do a good precise timing on
it next time, as I am 2nd guessing myself on how long it really took.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best lil town on Earth!"