Re: Please 'leak' Fedora 8

On Tuesday 06 November 2007 22:38, David Boles wrote:
> on 11/6/2007 4:32 PM, Nigel Henry wrote:

> >>     Your going to be on it at least 17 hours sooner than I. In fact I am
> >> still trying to talk myself into even using F8. This F7 was buggy and
> >> hard to get working right, but now it is a useful system and considering
> >> I was on FC4 missing FC5 and FC6, and not until F7 did I upgrade.
> >>
> >>     I am old and do not need a lot of the new stuff on F8. So when I get
> >> F8 in hand I will make a DVD and put that up with F7. When ready I will
> >> load it on the computer and get the updates at least. And then check out
> >> what it does that F7 does not.
> >>
> >>     If my effort finding problems with F8 are a help then good. But for
> >> the most part I will be here on F7.
> >>
> >>  Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
> >>  Linux User
> >>  #450462   http://counter.li.org.
> >
> > I'm on dialup with a serial modem. Someone kindly sent me a set of cd
> > iso's for FC6, but the F7 cd iso's took about 10 days to download,
> > although I was listening to Internet radio also, so bandwidth was a bit
> > restricted for the downloads. Thankfully I'm very patient, and as far as
> > I'm concerned, it takes as long as it takes for a download.
> >
> > I'll have to psych myself up a bit before going for F8, as another 10
> > days of downloading isn't much fun.
> >
> > Just a bit of rambling on.
>
> Not sure exactly where you are Nigel, and none of my business either, but
> there are services that sell Linux distributions on CDs and DVDs for a
> very reasonable price. And I would think that you could get them much more
> quickly that way, with less trouble, than a 56k download.  ;-)

In the UK I'd have no problem buying the cdrom sets, but in france this seems
to be a no-go. The only only place I could find wouldn't even take my carte
bleu for payment, you have to send them a cheque. I don't have a credit card
so can't even order them from the UK. I'm not too bothered about the long
download time, I was simply giving a bit of feedback to karl that dialup is
worse than his DSL.

I will post to the Debian user france list, and to the Fedora france list. I
can't believe you can't get the sets of iso's in france. I must have made
some error on google. Saying that though, i did try a few different search
lines, and zilch.

Thanks for your reply.

Nigel.

ps:  Perhaps you just have to have a credit card these days to buy stuff. I've
had problems with these in the past, and don't want to go down that road
again.