Re: Please 'leak' Fedora 8

Nigel Henry wrote:
On Tuesday 06 November 2007 20:39, Karl Larsen wrote:
Mike Chambers wrote:
On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 05:07 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
Fedora 8 will be available at my house in Las Cruces, NM USA in 23
hours. I have been d/l with my Darn Slow Link (DSL) at 27kb/sec from
mirror overseas. I doubt that my connection is causing any problems
the mirror.
And Fedora 8 will be installed and used on my system in bout 1.5 hours
after I install it, starting in bout 30 seconds :P
    Your going to be on it at least 17 hours sooner than I. In fact I am
still trying to talk myself into even using F8. This F7 was buggy and
hard to get working right, but now it is a useful system and considering
I was on FC4 missing FC5 and FC6, and not until F7 did I upgrade.

    I am old and do not need a lot of the new stuff on F8. So when I get
F8 in hand I will make a DVD and put that up with F7. When ready I will
load it on the computer and get the updates at least. And then check out
what it does that F7 does not.

    If my effort finding problems with F8 are a help then good. But for
the most part I will be here on F7.

 Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
 Linux User
 #450462   http://counter.li.org.

I'm on dialup with a serial modem. Someone kindly sent me a set of cd iso's for FC6, but the F7 cd iso's took about 10 days to download, although I was listening to Internet radio also, so bandwidth was a bit restricted for the downloads. Thankfully I'm very patient, and as far as I'm concerned, it takes as long as it takes for a download.

I'll have to psych myself up a bit before going for F8, as another 10 days of downloading isn't much fun.
Just a bit of rambling on.

Nigel.

It comes down to money for both of us. I know I can get Cable TV plus Internet at blazing speed and I think you can too. But here the DSL which is 8.5 days faster than your serial modem, costs me $14.95 a month. If I was single I would have no further cost because I would learn to do my own SMTP. But alas my wife wants us to maintain the Zianet address that we are known for.

The Cable stuff is $20.00/mo for basic TV + $20.00/mo for 6 months and then then $44.00/mo thereafter. So it runs $64.00/mo in the long run. I expect they have about the same there.

So I just wait a bit longer and like the sound of money in my account :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User