Re: SCSI controllers supported by Core1?

Mark wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have 2 SCSI disks with a Ultra2 SCSI interface (this one here:
> http://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/COMP/fcpa/hdd/discontinued/mag3182-3091_datasheet.pdf)
> and I am trying to find a controller that is old enough to be
> supported by Fedora Core 1 out of the box.
>
> What is the easiest way to find such a controller? Meaning
> how/where do I find out which SCSI controllers were supported by
> Fedora Core1 out of the box?
>
> I did a quick google search but did not come up with anything
> promising...
>
> Thanks,
>
> MARK

What I would do is pick up a copy of the source of the kernel you
plan on using, and look at the SCSI chip sets/board supported. Then
pick a SCSI controller to match. Because the SCSI controller have
not changed that much over the years, you will probably find that
the same controllers are supported in kernel versions 2.0 through
2.6, but I have not checked this. SCSI controller support tends to
be fairly complete because they are more common in servers.

Mikkel