Re: RPM

Andrew Kelly wrote:

> And for what it's worth, the book is indeed rather aged, but the package
> building side of rpm hasn't really changed so much as to make the book a
> bad idea. I still thumb through mine occasionally, in fact, and was
> really stoked to be able to download an e-version yesterday.
> Actually, my thanks go to Karl for making me aware of its existence.
>
> Andy

You just have to be careful about a few changes in .spec file
format, and the fact that rpmbuild was split from rpm. One change
that comes to mind is the change from Copyright: to License:. I
believe there were some changes in the default build macros as well,
but I am not sure. Was the -F (freshen) option part of RPM when the
book was written? I am trying to remember when it was added.

I also have vague memories about changes in librpm along the way,
but they do not impact the rpm user interface to the libraries.

Mikkel