Re: nvidia

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

This is apart from the legal issues involved in combining non-free
modules and the Linux kernel for a distribution.

I must have missed that part of the discussion. I didn't notice it was part of the discussion that nvidia drivers or ATI drivers be made part of a distro.

Read back. That indeed is a major thrust of the discussion.

There are many ways the situation could be improved for the user. The best I would hope for would be the inclusion of a configuration for a yum repository containing the drivers currently maintained in the livna repo. If that's too much to ask, then a link to the repo from the fedora project site would be better than nothing. Actually including the driver or maintaining a stable interface would be too much to expect here.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx