Re: nvidia

David Boles wrote:
on 10/28/2007 9:56 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
Antonio Olivares wrote:

Fedora will never take
responsibility for closed source software/drivers not
working correctly. You are at your own risk.
Wait - are you saying that they _do_ take responsibility for the open source they distribute? Who should I call the next time my firewire drives aren't recognized or an update kernel won't boot? How soon will someone be over to fix it?

As soon as you pay for the software and the service call.

You get what you pay for ya' know.  ;-)

And thus there is no difference at all in this respect between the third party binary and an open source component. Except that the people providing the binary do have a reason to care if it works.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx