Re: fc6 nearing eol but f7 not useable yet (rant or feedback?)

Mike Wright wrote:
Hi all,

Rant or feedback?  You decide.  This is all IMHO.

I'm becoming concerned about the end of life for fc6.  It has been
stable for me and is the first of the fedoras that gave me a
more-or-less useable multimedia experience.  (vlc is awesome!)  I'd like
to continue using fc6 but am guessing I need to create my own repository
before fc6 disappears from the public repos.

Also, only fc6 works with firewire. F7 ( and F8? ) use the new firewire stack ( juju !! ) which doesn't work with the userland apps - dvgrab and kino. See the linux1394 piece.

So if you're doing any video stuff, fc6 is the last one that works.

sean