FC7 hangs on playing audio

hi folks,
  Whenever I listen to music on mplayer or radio on rhythmbox, it plays for sometime and when I try to use other applications like File browser/ Firefox the system hangs. Then I need to hard reboot the system. I have SB16 souncard. Please let me know what can be done to avoid this. If there is any log that needs to be mailed I'll be ready to mail it. Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,
Ragavendra.