Re: How can I prevent terminal boot messages from being cleared

Karl Larsen wrote:
Dean S. Messing wrote:
When booting gets to the end, just before issuing "login",
the screen is cleared.  I'd like to prevent this so I can read
the boot messages.

I'm running a stock F7 system w/ updates.  My GRUB boot
stanza is adjusted to show boot messages directly on the VT
(no spash screen).

In the past I've added "-- noclear" to the tty lines in
/etc/inittab like this:

1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty1 -- noclear tty1

This doesn't seem to work anymore.  How is this done in F7?

Dean

Hi Dean have you looked at dmesg? I do and it seems to have all that you want to see and you can call it any time you desire.

How do you know what Dean wants to see? There's more than just kernel messages on view.

fwiw --clear works here for F7, no updates.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait