Re: Random Evolution Crashes

On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 15:32 +0200, Patrick wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 08:22 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 11:12 +1000, Tony Crouch wrote:
> > > Hi Guys,
> > > I turned on my machine this morning and it seems Evolution is having a
> > > few difficulties.
> > >
> > > The version of Evolution (and associated plugins) I am using is:

> > > It seems to crash randomly, despite working perfect since I first
> > > installed (Fresh-install that is) of F7 about a week and a half ago.
> > >
> > > It gives no warning or error, just closes.
> > >
> > > I was wondering if someone might be able to step me through the steps to
> > > file a bug / incident report for this problem.
> > >
> > I have the same rpms installed. Mine crashes randomly but not more than
> > once every 2 weeks. Is that the frequency you are experiencing?
> > I consider that annoying but I can stand it.
> >
> > Is your frequency much worse?
>
> I have the exact same versions and have seen evolution crash
> intermittently too. Usually a bug-buddy thingy appears saying that Tasks
> crashed but sometimes evolution just disappears. I have no idea what's
> causing it. Have you guys seen the bug-buddy Tasks message too?

Bug Buddy for tasks, Bug Buddy for an "unknown application" that turns
out to be exchange-storage, and simple vanishing are the three most
common failures I see.  They are less frequent now than before.

Interestingly, the former usually occurs when I'm composing a message
and typing the addresses.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences