Re: Has anybody upgraded eclipse?

Alan M. Evans wrote:
I've been itching to try the latest eclipse, but my development machine
at work is FC6. Simply upgrading the OS is not really an option at this
point since I doubt my boss would appreciate the downtime while I
reconstruct my desktop and get everything working.

So, on a crazy whim I typed:

        # yum --enablerepo=development update eclipse-cdt

after thinking about it for quite some time, yum came back and offered
to actually do it:
Dependencies Resolved

[SNIP]

So there it is, the shiny yes/no prompt just sitting there like the
history eraser button tempting me to answer yes. But I'm terrified. Has
anybody tried this? Did it work?

-Alan

If you don't have an answer by tomorrow, post again and I'll try it. I've got an FC6 box that can be destroyed (or not).

Regards,

John