Re: netwrk sniffers and localhost

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 14:28 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
Charles Curley wrote:
On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 02:45:30PM -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
A few weeks ago I got caught sleeping. I figured the hardware firewall will keep all hackers away but I was very wrong. A guy bent on doing something minor established a ssh connection to my computer and then guessed my user name and password. It was very simple. I have since changed the password. He just went to my browser and there connected to web pages that take hours to come up. I think the guy, and know the web pages, are in Germany.

    If he wants to try again it will not work.

You need a better passwd. I have tried the latest cracking programs on mine for 3 days and it was never cracked.

   Well my old password was my last name :-)
I suspect it took less than 30 seconds to get that. But now it is caps and lower case and numbers and 9 characters long. It will be a lot harder.

SEMPER UBI SUB UBI!!!!

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User
	#450462   http://counter.li.org.