Problems with lockd (NFS) on Fedora?

I don't know why, but all of a sudden I seem to be having problems with the
NFS lockd daemon.  Randomly, it will start refusing connections from systems
it formerly allowed.  The odd thing is I don't have to do anything to the
configuration (and in fact have not done anything for about a year);
randomly, out of the blue, systems can't connect properly.  This is causing
the other systems on the network (which use NFS to mount their /home
directories) to refuse to start up the desktop at all.  I don't get what
exactly has caused this to start happening all of a sudden, but it's annoying
to have people come down and scream "MY COMPUTER ISN'T WORKING!"
repeatedly...