Re: firefox crashing : what else to do ?

On 25Sep2007 05:59, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, gatopardo wrote:
| > I 've being using Fedora 7 since the beginning and with it firefox.
| > Al was fine, but I'm not sure, but having updated to
| > flash-plugin-9.0.48.0-a firefox crashes randomly - with no apparent
| > cause - all the time.
|
| for me, firefox has been hilariously unstable for months now --
| sometimes it locks up, sometimes every browser client just aborts,
| etc.  and occasionally, i have to restart it anyway just because it
| seems to have a memory leak that eventually cripples it to the point
| of uselessness.
|
| methinks it's time to look into an alternative browser -- firefox just
| isn't cutting it these days.

and for me it is quite stable. Strange. It's not without problems, but
it rarely crashes on me. I am running F7, but using the versions from
the mozilla.org site, not the firefox RPMs from F7.

You could try the mozilla.org binaries and see it they're better.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

There are only two types of ships in the NAVY; SUBMARINES and TARGETS !!!
        - Richard Pierson