Re: How best (BUT WHY) get rid of SELinux?

The whole premise of this thead is just absolutely ridiculous.  A naive user has an issue of some sort, immediately throws the baby out with the bath and then every other uninformed Linux using imbecile on this list joins in the stupidity.

Does anybody here really believe the NSA spent how many years (?) and untold millions of dollars developing the technology for no good reason?  Amazing, just amazing.  Shocked? Maybe.  Disappointed?  Yes.  Surprised?  No.

GNUGravity <no-reply-gw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
...interesting...

I am rather shocked to see such an advanced community not reaping the benefits of SE Linux on Fedora/Red Hat. It's the reason I hesitate to use other distributions for mission critical applications within my organization.

With that said, I concede that it does require configuration. What works well for me is to suspend the SELinux service, perform the configuration, test and apply the config and then turn SELinux back on. From there, open the ports and configure as needed. There is an excellent O'Reilly book "SELinux NSA's Open Source Security Enhanced Linux" that will assist in explaining configuration options and debugging. There's always this forum and FedoraForums for assistance.

I value both my and my client's data. To me, it's worth the time and effort taken to implement security measures. I don't recommend turning it off and specifically not for organizational use. If you want to kill it on your desktop, that's up to you.

Best of luck to all ;)

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=204347&topic_id=44385&forum=10#forumpost204347
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and/or blame rshane@xxxxxxxxxxxx