Re: How best get rid of SELinux?

Mike McCarty wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:

[snip]

You might want to read up the two divisions of NSA and the differences between them and which division SELinux comes from. It has all been discussed before in fedora-selinux list if you want to take a look.

Since the RH devel team, in its wisdom, has decided that SELinux
is not an optional package, it machts nichts. Anyone wishing
to use RH or an RH derivative is going to get SELinux on his
machine, period, full stop, end of story.

It looks like all the other distros are going to follow suit.
Debian is already infected, as well.

An earlier mail in the same thread says SELinux has not been adopted by other distribution. Now this mail complains about how it is been adopted and calls it a "infection". I guess some people are never happy.

My next distro may be LFS.

Good luck Mike. I guess you should keep it more updated than FC2.

Rahul