Re: dvd burner

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007, John wrote:

I tried a couple of different dvd burners on a FC6 box; the two programs I've tried (Brasero and GnomeBaker) keep telling my there's no blank dvd in the tray (there is). When that happens, the tray kicks open, which I close. The disk is accepted and I'm able to select the files I want to burn, though once I hit burn, I get errors. With Brasero, the errors seems to be with the program. ?????

I don't use either of them with FC6. I use k3b. Seems to work much better. Upgrading to F7 seemed to fix a number of odd occasional problems i had with burning discs as well. The system load is a lot less when I burn discs and I get a lot less failures and cache underruns.

--
Never trust a queue structure designed by a cryptographer.