Re: Lost my printers

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 13:57 -0400, Andrew Robinson wrote:
Frank Cox wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 01:44:56 -0400
Andrew Robinson <awrobinson-ml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

After some yum upgrades, my remote printers are no longer available on my laptop. I suspect CUPS, but I couldn't find any differences with previous versions of configuration files. Has something changed in the latest version? A setting that needs to be set to see remote printers? What am I doing wrong?
Do your printers show up at http://localhost:631 ?

No they do not. They do show up on http://printerhost:631.

That is not good. Where did printerhost come from and where is it
defined. If the printers are not seen in localhost:631 they are not cups
printers and will not print.
--
In this case, "printerhost" is a euphemism for the ip address of the server with the printers.

Andrew