Re: Smtp auth in postfix

mattias escribío:
> Are smtp auth enabled as default in postfix in fedora?

One gotcha (at least for me) is to make sure you tell what kind of auth you need
to reply to (for example):

smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter = plain, login

For what it is worth, this is all that I have to authenticate to the upstream isp:

smtp_sasl_auth_enforce = yes
smtp_sasl_security_options =
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_security_options =
smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter = plain, login
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes

Then make sure that the sasl_passwd is correct and made into a correct db file.
--
Brian Millett - [ Sheridan, "Points of Departure"]
"It's amazing what two years on the rim can do to you."