Re: A little tip (and maybe a request for quality control?)

Ian Malone wrote:
Frode Petersen wrote:

On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 21:59 +0200, Frode Petersen wrote:

level in i.e. XMMS. However, I want the tags calculated per album, so
that the dynamics is retained as the artist intended it to be, making
soft songs play soft and loud songs play loud.

The importance of this little feature is probably not great, as I have a volume control, ;-) but it's there, it's relatively easy to use so why not?

Typically I run $ vorbisgain -sraf /<yourmusicdirectoryhere>
r = recursive
s = silently ignore non-Vorbis (such as playlists)

Caveat: this assumes the files for each album occupy their own
directory.  Typically I will put the files for multi-disc
albums in the same directory, but there's no reason for these
to have been mastered to significantly different overall levels.