Re: Problem with bcm43xx-80211 Revisited

Andrew Robinson wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
Andrew Robinson wrote:
John W. Linville wrote:
On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 01:44:28PM -0400, Andrew Robinson wrote:
Snip
Hi Andrew are you using the normal "network" or are you using "Network Manager"?

I use configuration files. I set up ifcfg-eth1 one parameter at a time with iwconfig back in FC4 using ndiswrapper. I haven't had to change it since.

I've tried Network Manager a couple of times, but it caused some problems and I didn't stick with it long enough to figure out what they were. I just like seeing the setting in a parameter file. Yes I know I need to join the 21st century :).

Andrew

You are using network then. Have you looked at the regular GUI network system? Often it will give you a hint about what is wrong. Go to System Administration Networks and see what it shows for your system.

Also it is the opinion of some that Network Manager adds more confusion to the issue. My experience is that it works fine and is an asset on my laptop.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User