Re: OT What does RET (Enter) do and how does it do it ??

Thanks Allan;

On Sat, 2007-08-25 at 00:19 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > For 1) How does the context (i.e. that I am in a text program) get
> > established?  Is there a context line at the start of the application?
> > Is it through main(argc, argv) or some such, depending on the
> > programming language of the application?  How does it know to move one
> > line down on the screen i.e. is there a system call, a special
> > function ?
>
> man termios will teach you more than you ever want to know.
True you are.  I read through termios and friends.  I had no idea what
most of it is about.  On the other hand, understanding things like
termios is what I am working towards.  I could glean enough info to know
my answer lay within.

Therefore while your answer is a "Greek to me" answer; still it tells me
that my question was not stupid but on the right track.  If I keep
learning it will eventually make sense.

By the way, just received your second post.  You anticipated my next
question, so I won't ask it.

You answered me personally.  Was that on purpose?  I think that although
the original question might have been off topic for the Fedora list,
your answer is one that should be shared.

--
Regards Bill