Re: ACHI support

Karl Larsen wrote:
Alan M. Evans wrote:
On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 15:03 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
I read this mail 12 times and it is still a mystery to
I asked in hopes someone like you would help. Now I know what it is and I have the manual for my new motherboard and it doesn't mention it, thank goodness :-)

    Google has a lot about ACHI and it is all BAD ;-)
It seems Windows users have more trouble than Linux users and it appears if you are using RAID you can't use ACHI. It is implied that if you don't use ACHI the speed of data transfer will be reduced in Serial Hard Drives. So it is the old Lose-Lose situation where you never want to be.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User