Re: Alternative booting

Chris Jones wrote:
Which is unfortunate and is a GRUB/kernel issue.

No, its either an issue with your bios or the way you have setup your system. Its not GRUB's fault and certainly not the kernels fault !!

OK, we have the following components that play a role:
- hardware
- BIOS
- GRUB
- kernel (?)
- user

Hardware works (brand new and tested), BIOS is from 2007 on an Asus M2N32-SLi Deluxe. I guess it is somewhat safe to count that out as well. User is always a possibility, but other than applying the updates I did not make any changes to the system. No new partitions, no removal of any, nothing other than the updates changed.

So, unless my list above is incomplete it doesn't really allow for much else other than GRUB/kernel or some mysterious force from above. So what is the next thing you tell me? Aliens abducted my system? ;)