Re: Has anyone ever made scanning work?

I have a Canon MP170 and it also just worked as far as scanning goes. On
the downside, at least at the time I purchased it, I needed to get
Turboprint in order to get printing with CUPS to work. There may be
built in support now, but I don't know either way. I think Turboprint
was ~$15.00 and has worked great with both FC6 and F7. I actually have
both the scanning and printing functions shared to my wifes Vista laptop
and my Mac laptop using SANE and CUPS. It's great being able to scan and
print without having to switch around any cables. Linux is definitely
capable of doing some cool stuff, even with when other platforms are
involved.

Jason