Re: Has anyone ever made scanning work?

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:
I'm sure there's
some undocumented diddle which tells xsane and scanimage not to try to
load any firmware, but there's a limit to how much time it's worth to
find it.

Maybe you should try reinstalling the OS, and just plugging in the
scanner without doing any manual configuration.

That gets me where I started. Snapscan insists on trying to load the firmware, and even when I give it the right firmware to load it blows up with an i/o error. Hardware works on Windows, fails on several Linux machines, so hardware issues are really remote.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>