Re: firefox message is it an error or not

Scott wrote:
I am teaching my father some things about Linux when he brought up Firefox it said Firefox restore previous session at the top of Firefox. In the Button Box there are two buttons you can pres Start New Session or Restore Session. I aam assuming this not normal and Dad said he closed down Firefox. Was there possible window opened before he closed it? Scott

This isn't a bug, it is a feature.  It is called session manager.

It allows you to close Firefox and resume where you left off. I use this daily to save me the hassle of saving all the tabs I have open and then reopening them the next day.

I would find it a pain not to have this feature. Also the crash protection is great (96%) of the time. I use tabs and if I go to digg, rededit or slashdot, I will open all the pages I want to read in tabs and then when I have gone through the site, I will read the articles.

Look under the Tools menu.

--
Due to the move to Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.