On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, Beartooth wrote:

What the dickens is going on here?? :

[root@localhost btth]# pwd
/home/btth
[root@localhost btth]# ls|grep pine
pine
pine-4.64-5.lvn7.i386.rpm
[root@localhost btth]# rpm -ivh pine-4.64-5.lvn7.i386.rpm
error: open of Privoxy failed: No such file or directory
error: open of doesnt support FTP. Please fix your setup.  failed: No
such file or directory
[root@localhost btth]#

The rpm is there. Why doesn't it at least try to install it? What the
____ does Fedora think privoxy or ftp have to do with rpm?? (Btw, "pine"
here is just a text file of old messages I've saved about pine; and -Uvh
instead of -ivh makes no difference, either, anyway.)

The *file* is there, but I bet it actually contains text along the lines of "Privoxy doesn't support FTP. Please fix your setup ...." instead of the actual rpm. Rpm notices it's not an actual rpm and treats it as a manifest instead (most likely because there's a reference to the rpm in the error message) ... and there you go.

	- Panu -