Re: one more time -- broadcom wireless on f7

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, Erich Zigler wrote:

> Robert,
>  Unfortunately I think you have your expectations set a bit high. It seems
> you are expecting support and help at an enterprise level from Fedora
> which is made by and supported by a community of individuals. The level
> of support you require is available from various corporations.
>
> I apologize if the answers here are not to your liking but we are not
> obligated to help you.

i'm well aware of that.

> As has been stated previously your particular wireless card is one
> of the most difficult ones to get working in Linux. It is going to
> take some trial and error. Several people have stepped up with some
> valid responses. Help them to help you.

that is precisely what i'm doing, by documenting every step involved
in my experimentation here:

http://www.linux-games.ca/wiki/index.php/Rday%27s_installing_Broadcom_4318_wifi

if the answers i come up with can help a few others get through this
less painfully, i'll consider it a day well spent.

rday
Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

http://fsdev.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page