Re: how does network install figure out 64-bit from 32-bit?

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:11:14 -0700 (PDT)
Globe Trotter <itsme_410@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was wondering how while doing a network install, the installer would figure out a 64-bit from a 32-bit installation? I am asking this because in both cases, the file to install it is using the same file.

When doing a NFS install (if that's what you mean) you give the installer the
path to the image that you are installing from.  That's one of the questions
that it asks at the start of the installation process.

Thanks, very much! I was planning on doing a http install, but I guess it is the same idea....

On this note, I wonder how I can make my Thinkpad T61 boot from the USB flash?

The following are my choices:

1. USB FDD
2. ATAPI CD0:.....
3. USB CD: