Re: F6C800-UNV Belkin UPS?

Tim wrote:
On Sat, 2007-08-11 at 10:59 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
[root@box6 ~]# service apcupsd status
apcupsd (pid 4166) is running...
APC      : 001,024,0564
DATE     : Sat Aug 11 10:56:25 EDT 2007
HOSTNAME : box6
RELEASE  : 3.14.1
VERSION  : 3.14.1 (04 May 2007) redhat
UPSNAME  : Nina
CABLE    : USB Cable
MODEL    : UPS
UPSMODE  : Stand Alone
STARTTIME: Sat Aug 11 09:38:24 EDT 2007
STATUS   : ONLINE
BCHARGE  : 000.1 Percent
TIMELEFT :   3.5 Minutes
MBATTCHG : 5 Percent
MINTIMEL : 3 Minutes
MAXTIME  : 0 Seconds

While not having played with a UPS, but used to rechargeable battery
powered video equipment with decent monitoring, the charge and time left
statuses don't sound good, and I can imagine that'd be why software
would do an immediate shutdown.  Some systems might take a minute or two
to shutdown, and having just three minutes of battery life left gives
you little headroom, so the safest presumption would be to shutdown
immediately.

Since you thought it'd had enough time to charge, are you sure that the
battery is okay, or that your UPS is capable of providing enough power
for the load that you've put on it?

I was told that the unit was still working when it was removed from service? Then the question arises as to why it was replaced? I don't know.

I installed two new SLA batteries two days ago and judging from the voltage across the terminals it was charging. I would have to remove the case to measure battery voltage which ought to be near 27 volts by this time I would think.

It has no load on it presently, this computer being connected to another UPS for power while connected to the unit under test only by the USB connection for testing. I have no pressing need for it but it was given to me and it is of higher capacity than any of the others I have plus the automatic shutdown makes it an interesting prospect.

I can put a load on it and see that it holds for a while. Belkin claims 45 minutes of operation with a "computer" connected. If it will run something like a TV for ten or fifteen minutes it should be good for my needs.

The battery charge data will need investigation though.

Bob Goodwin